Visit Kath Williamson's Craftsy Pattern Store »

Friday 15 August 2014

String bags, string bags, string bags...


I'm currently on my fourth string bag! The first was a knitted string bag to a pattern by Hannah Ingalls which she named an Ilene Bag.
I sometimes wonder who Ilene is/was.

I love the shape of this bag but as the body of the bag is knit in the round with a lace stitch, it did take a while to complete. I am not a fast knitter! So I decided to try my hand at designing a bag with a similar shape but using crochet.

My first attempt was a rather lovely coral coloured bag but of the wrong shape. However, I had learned a lot. So I tried again and this time was more successful. Below is a picture of the first successful bag I made to this pattern - it is a birthday gift for a friend. I'm rather pleased with it and am now making another one for yet another friend's birthday.


At the same time as working on the fourth bag I am also writing up the pattern and will publish it when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment