Visit Kath Williamson's Craftsy Pattern Store »

Saturday 30 August 2014

Foundation Stitches - got it!

http://www.crochetforcancer.org/
I am still learning my craft and I have tried on a few occasions to follow video tutorials which aim to teach me  how to make foundation stitches instead of starting with chains. I have failed abysmally until today when I found these easy to follow videos on the Crochet for Cancer site. So I am feeling very pleased with myself for mastering these techniques:
  • Foundation double crochet (sc in US)
  • Foundation half treble (half dc in US)
  • Foundation treble (dc in US) 
 In particular, I liked the fact that the presenter took her time and also some of the tutorials were in slow motion for slow learners like me. Great!

Foundation stitches give a stretchier edge to the beginning of a piece of work than working with a simple chain stitch, so are useful when you want some 'give' along the starting edge of a garment.

You can also follow Crochet for Cancer on Facebook. The flower in this post is their emblem.

Do any of you out there crochet for any charities?


No comments:

Post a Comment