Visit Kath Williamson's Craftsy Pattern Store »

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Warm and cosy for winter

I've just completed this chunky, colourful hat in Sirdar Squiggle yarn, colour Fushcia. The yarn is lovely to feel and delightful to crochet with - but I wouldn't expect anything less from Sirdar. It's 51% wool so cosy and warm and washes at 40 degrees in a machine. I can certainly recommend it and here is another great colourway.

It's a very easy pattern from Twenty To Make Taster Projects which came free with a Crafts Beautiful magazine I recently purchased. Although Crafts Beautiful covers all crafts and so has a limited number of crochet patterns in each issue, it nevertheless is great for ideas and to spark your imagination on possibilities.

The hat itself is on my Folksy shop. It can be worn either in slouchy or in Russian style. Turning the brim down completely makes it super-slouchy (not shown in photographs). It is very kindly modelled here by my friend and neighbour Elsie and the photographs don't really do justice to the colour.

I particularly like the edging on this pattern. It is called Rope Edging and involves working double crochet (US single crochet) backwards from left to right - most peculiar but a lovely effect. Why not try it on the next hat you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment